Sunday, September 28, 2008

Trekkin' Around

Well, where to start! It's been a pretty full month and as usual I haven't been able to blog enough to keep up! I believe I need to rewind to the beginning of September when our little family got to celebrate with those lovely Moe ladies on their 1st birthday. We had a fun time playing with Taylor, Hayden, and Miss Catherine Drain.
Sarah and I literally had our hands full with those cute babies! While the boys found some time to discuss politics (yes, politics at a 1st birthday party) and have a few beers. We ended up staying all day and had a great time.


Since summer was coming to a close, we decided we needed to catch one more music in the park with Uncle Steve. It was short (since Jack's bedtime is earlier now) but fun!

Yet another open weekend and Pete and I were looking for something fun to do that was baby friendly. We quickly found the local Greek festival. We had a great time sampling Greek food and beverages, watching the dancers, listening to music, and even checkin' out the food roasting on a spit! We had a really nice time while broadening the wee Jack's cultural horizons! Opa!

Our little guy has become super social and gives us big laughs and smiles often. He seems to be so interested in everything around him that we can't help trekking out to find more stuff for him to see! During our down time Jack has gotten really strong and has started using his arms to hold his head and shoulders up. Here's a pretty classic picture that I got just as the drool dropped! (Did I mention that he's a big drooler lately?)




We also found time to have a little fun in Lafayette at our favorite art and wine festival. We packed up the stroller and met up with Mr. Matt Malone (Not pictured unfortunately...Mr. Malone is a wily one and always seems to escape my attempts to photograph him in his natural habitat!) and our friend Todd. We had a blast strolling around and sampling beverages while listening to music and checking out the booths. It was a great day finished with classical pops in the park while we had dinner at EJ Phair (the local pub).



What a month! I know I've missed some things, but I think this post is big enough for now! :)

No comments: